Sheriff Joe Pelle has enacted Stage 1 Fire Restrictions, effective immediately, Wednesday, June 15, for unincorporated areas of western Boulder County.
The fire restrictions are being implemented due to increasing fire danger, lack of moisture, and the forecast for hot temperatures. Competent evidence, including quantitative data produced by the National Fire Danger Rating System (NFDRS) and the National Weather Service, which is also used by our partners with the United States Forest Service, exists, which necessitates implementing Stage 1 Fire Restrictions.
The fire restrictions include any and all unincorporated areas of the county:
- West of CO Highway 93 (CO-93), from its intersection with the southern boundary of Boulder County until, and including, its intersection with CO Highway 119 (CO-119);
- West of Broadway Avenue in the City of Boulder, from its intersection with CO-119 until, and including, its intersection with US Highway 36 (US-36);
- West of US-36, from its intersection with Broadway Avenue until its intersection with the northern boundary of Boulder County;
- West of the western boundary of the Rabbit Mountain Open Space until, and including, US-36; and;
- All of the Rabbit Mountain Open Space property.
- West Magnolia Campgrounds south of Nederland
What this means
Where this applies