Are you be interested in being notified about upcoming EMS Education courses?
1. Create your account/log in to your profile.
2. Create an application - Select the EMR level. Verify your personal information and make any necessary changes. Then, follow the prompts through the application process. ***Use Sugar Loaf Fire (184). Do not select volunteer, as this is for folks volunteering to work for national registry.***
3. Pay the application fee. The application fee is non-transferable and non refundable. This fee is charged for each attempt of the cognitive examination.
4. Monitor the progress of your application from your “Certification Application Status” in case additional actions are needed. Once the National Registry approves your application and your status is “Ready to Test,” you can view your ATT letter and contact Pearson Vue to schedule your exam.
Create an account with Colorado Fingerprinting
- Click "Get Started"
- Then "Create an Account" in the upper right corner
Choose the location and time you want to get fingerprinted
- CO Licensure/Employment CABS
Choose reason for fingerprinting
- EMR Reason Fingerprinted: Emergency Medical Responder
Provide fingerprinting details (what are they for)
- Emergency Medical Technician CBI/FBI 25-3 5-203(4)
- Unique Identifier: 3150EMTI
Pay for transaction ($54.50)
Once you have a NREMT card and number you’ll need a Colorado certification.
- Create an OATH account to apply for certification.
- Within your OATH account, find the "Application for Initial Certification".
- Submit a fingerprint-based criminal history record information search to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation for both CBI and FBI.
- Wait for the fingerprint sample to be processed.
- The department will receive the fingerprinting results from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
- The results will be added to your submitted OATH application for further processing.
- The department will process the application and notify the applicant of any errors or issues.
- Once approved, the department will email the applicant with instructions on printing the Colorado EMS provider certificate.
NFPD is now working on EMS Education courses! This was kicked off with a Winter EMR Course that was provided throughout March 2023 and ended in early April. The class was a great success with 20 students signing up and the majority of people studying for and then passing the NREMT test to become nationally registered.
There are current dicussions underway on providing an EMT class in the Fall of 2023 - stay tuned for more info!